The task of decisively proving the strict liability on part of the other driver in auto accidents is now made simple with the help of personal injury lawyers in Long Island. The auto accident lawyers here are experienced in handling thousands of such incidents and getting the right justice and compensation to their clients. If you are the victim of such accidents, you can claim the compensation through a lawsuit against the culprit. There are certain guidelines you need follow at the time of the accident to simplify the investigations.
The auto accident lawsuits Long Island need to be supported with foolproof evidence for proving the strict liability of the other driver. This is possible when your lawyer is able to gather the evidence from the accident spot. The earlier you take his help for doing it, the better chances he has in carrying out his tasks.
Role of Plaintiff after Auto Accident
- Filing a police complaint against the accused is your first task. Even if you are unable to do it (when you are rendered unconscious or immobile) your friend or family member can do it on your behalf. Even in cases where the accused has sped away from the accident site, it is possible to get the vehicle details from the close circuit cameras installed at the accident spot. These tasks will be handled by your lawyer and the police once you have contacted them and filed the complaint.
- You have to follow all the guidelines from your lawyer after you have taken his services for filing the lawsuit. This will help him in gathering the needed evidence and witnesses statements.
- You have to avoid any sort of communications from the defendant or the insurance firms apart from those allowed by your lawyer. This will avoid any confusions and contradictions during the investigations and trials.
Investigative Procedures after Auto Accident
- The forensic analysis of gathered evidence from the accident spot can provide vital clues about the liability of the other driver. If you have filed a police complaint in time, they can also get you the blood /urine test reports (of both the drivers) at the time of the accident. This can help prove if the other driver was under influence. The other evidence like splintered auto parts, scratch marks on the vehicles, limb or tissue samples can be decisive in proving the liability.
- Your lawyer needs the medical reports from the hospital for matching the nature and intensity of your injuries with the impact of the accident. Hence it is critical for you to get a complete diagnosis of the injured parts of your body. Your lawyer will be able to collect all the other papers and documents like the license, personal details and vehicle details of the accused with the help of law enforcement authorities.
- He conducts a detailed analysis of the samples from the accident spot and prepares a report in which he identifies the liable person and lists out the charges. At the same time, he lists out the deserved compensation claims from the accused add the insurance firm.